Friday, January 1, 2010

Boot and Wild Flowers

This is an oil painting that I worked on during the summer. The canvas size is bigger than I usually paint on. It is 22x28 on stretched canvas. It is a painting of my blue shirt, my husband's old boot, an antique tablecloth, and God's wild flowers that show up in our yard every year. I just finished it this morning. I worked on the flowers some more (adding some deeper/thicker color). I had this painting sitting in the corner for a while because I was considering adding something to the space in the lower right hand corner. When I first started the painting, I did not want the boot to be in the center of the painting. The composition is heavy on one size. But I decided to leave it as is. I like the quietness of the space and the soft shadows. What do you think....? Comments/critiques are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment